Enjoying a nice day without worrying about the sun and excessive heat is possible with parasol stands. Making use of an umbrella is almost impossible without the use of a base, in case the ground is firm.
An umbrella stand has a lot of advantages that you will discover throughout this article. So, if you want to buy an umbrella stand and don’t know which model to choose, read on, we have a lot to tell you!
The most important thing
- There are different types of umbrella stands (beach, pool, garden, terrace and portable) and you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- The size of the umbrella is usually irrelevant, as the bases usually fit the pole. They do not require any assembly or installation and are very easy to use.
- When buying an umbrella stand, you should take into account certain relevant aspects that will allow you to choose the ideal model for you. We will talk about them at the end of our guide.
The best umbrella stands on the market: our recommendations
We have selected the best umbrella stands according to online users, depending on where you want to use the umbrella. We hope you can find the right choice for you.
The best beach umbrella stand
The Gikpal brand offers one of the most recommended umbrella stands by online users. The most remarkable feature of this stand is that the anchor has 8 levels. This makes it easier to pierce the sand or soil, preventing the umbrella from moving because of the wind.
This parasol stand is made of ABS plastic, which is resistant to UV light and rust. It is more durable than a metal base, which can rust more easily. This product also comes with a hook that attaches to the parasol pole and can be used to hang any garment or bag.
The best umbrella stand for terrace umbrellas
This stand, designed for terraces, is made of polyresin and steel. This material will make the product more durable, as well as resistant to water and sunlight. It also provides security by being stable in wind gusts.
No installation or assembly is required and it can be used both indoors and outdoors. Due to the circular shape of the parasol stand, tripping and accidents are avoided if placed in passing places.
The best parasol stand for garden umbrellas
This stand is similar to the beach umbrella stand, but has some differences. It is characterized by having a “spike” at the bottom. This makes it easy to stick it into the ground. Thus, it guarantees the fixation in the ground and, therefore, the safety of the product.
It is a product made of galvanized steel, which makes this base resistant to the different temperature changes that may occur.
The best support for pool umbrellas
The Schneider brand presents this base for sunshades, made of galvanized steel, which makes this base resistant to different temperature changes.
designed for swimming pools. It is one of the best rated by online
customers. This umbrella stand is made of plastic. The material allows the product to remain stable and is resistant to the different temperature changes of the weather.
It has a nice style, typical in spaces where swimming pools are located and with a compact base. It is a refillable umbrella stand, which can be refilled with water or sand, keeping the base stable and fixed to the ground.
The best portable umbrella stand
Portable umbrella stands may not be very common, but they are very useful and you can change the decor of the room easily and effortlessly
This is an umbrella stand made of concrete. That is, it withstands a lot of weight and temperature changes, as well as withstands rain. In addition, the metal rod where the pole is inserted can be adjusted to the size of the parasol.
Shopping guide: What you need to know about parasol stands
The use of an umbrella stand is often essential for the use of your parasol. Below you can find out about the different types of umbrella stands and which one is best suited to you.
Umbrella stands provide security. (Source: Paul Maguire/ stock.adobe)
What types of umbrella stands are there?
When we talk about umbrella stands, the first thing that comes to mind is probably a beach umbrella. However, there are different types of stands that are also very common in our day to day life. These are the types of umbrella stands that exist:
- Stands for beach umbrellas: It is an essential tool to place the umbrella on the sand. There is a wide variety of umbrella stands in different materials, sizes and weights.
- Stands for terrace umbrellas: Regardless of the size of the umbrella, there are bases for large and small terrace umbrellas, ensuring comfort and safety. In addition, there is a wide variety of styles to decorate the terrace to your liking.
- Garden umbrella stands: These types of stands are designed to hold the umbrella on a ground with grass or turf.
- Pool umbrella stands.
- Portable parasol stands: This parasol stand has wheels underneath the base so that the parasol can be moved. Moving an umbrella stand without wheels can be very difficult, as they are characterized by their great weight.
How do I attach an umbrella stand?
One of the most remarkable aspects of parasol stands is that they are very easy to install. They do not need to be assembled because they are made of one piece, nor do they need to be installed.
Regardless of the type of parasol base, it is as simple as placing the parasol foot on the ground, inserting it into the base and attaching it to the stand.
In the case that we opt for a padded umbrella stand, we must be very clear about where we are going to place it. This is because the filling weighs between 25 and 35 kg.
What are the advantages of buying an umbrella stand?
Bearing in mind that without an umbrella stand it would be almost impossible to place an umbrella, except on the beach, here are some of the many advantages of having an umbrella stand:
- Comfort, allowing us to enjoy a nice day and protecting us from the sun in a simple way.
- They are essential for hard surfaces.
- They are economical.
- They do not need installation or assembly.
- There are different models, so you can choose the one that best suits your tastes.
- Different sizes and weights.
- Safety, as there is no risk of the parasol falling or blowing away in the wind.
One of the most remarkable aspects of umbrella stands is that their placement is very simple. (source: Photographee.eu: Stock.adobe.com)
How to clean an umbrella stand?
The cleaning of an umbrella stand will depend on the type of material the base is made of.
- Stainless steel: The ideal is to clean it with a damp cloth with water and dry it. It is not advisable to clean it with abrasive products.
- Cement: It is as simple as wiping it with a dry cloth.
- Wood-covered cement: Clean it with a brush and store it in a closed place.
- Acero: With a cloth and water. Do not use abrasive products or objects that can scratch the base.
- Resin-coated cement: Clean with soap and water. For a more thorough cleaning, it can also be cleaned with a product exclusively for resin furniture.
How do I fill the parasol stand?
Filling an umbrella stand is not complicated at all. However, if you have never done it before, some doubts may arise. Generally, when you buy this type of parasol stand, the filling, which is usually sand, is included in the purchase.
If the filling is not included in the purchase and we don’t have sand, we can choose to fill it with water. Once the base is filled, it is able to support a large amount of weight and prevent the umbrella from moving.
One of the advantages of getting a refillable umbrella stand is that they are usually very inexpensive.
To make it easier to choose an umbrella stand, we have selected the following buying criteria. These will help you to know what to look out for when buying an umbrella stand.
The measurements of the parasol stand depend on the type of stand it is. That is, if it is for the beach, terrace, garden or pool, among others. However, there are all kinds of measures to suit the umbrella.
Therefore, you will have no problem finding the right size for your umbrella. Normally, the dimensions, depending on their use, are usually standard. So size should not be a problem.
It’s the same case as the measurements. It depends on what kind of base it is for. One of the most recommended shapes is square, as it makes the stand more stable and secure.
If the shape is too narrow, there might be a chance of losing stability. Therefore, try to choose an umbrella stand with a wide and strong base. This way, you won’t run the risk of it destabilizing.
There are many different styles and shapes of umbrella stands. (Source: Konoplizkaya: 17488/ stock.adobe.com)
There are umbrella stands made of many different materials. Among the most commonly used raw materials are the following
- Stainless steel: It is the most durable material and the most resistant to corrosion. It is usually the most expensive, but it hardly needs any maintenance.
- Cement: It is a very heavy and resistant element, so it is very useful for places where there is a lot of wind. It withstands the rain perfectly and is very safe, as it ensures that the parasol is fixed to the ground.
- Refillable resin: It is an economical material, so its use in the base of the umbrellas is very common. It has a great durability and performance.
- Wood: It has a great resistance and fastening. The problem with this material is that it needs more maintenance than the rest of the cases. The weather will damage the wood, so its durability is less.
- Steel: It is resistant and supports the different temperature changes.
- Plastic: It is the most common material in the bases of beach umbrellas.
Size and weight
This is one of the most important purchasing criteria. The size should be proportional to the size of the umbrella to provide more stability and security.
On the other hand, in general, the larger the size, the greater the weight. When buying an umbrella stand, you should choose one that is heavy enough to support the umbrella and prevent any accidents or scares.
Umbrella stands are essential tools for enjoying a nice day out. They are easy to install, effective and come in a variety of sizes, designs, materials and formats and are often inexpensive. What are you waiting for to get your perfect umbrella stand?
If you found this article useful and interesting, we encourage you to share it with your friends and family. You can also leave us a comment below, thank you very much!
(Featured Image Source: Warrengoldswain: 12755053/ 123rf)