Solving the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue: A Comprehensive Guide
Have you recently encountered the dreaded Moto G6 won’t charge issue? If so, this post is designed to help you find the right solution to your problem. It can be incredibly bothersome and inconvenient to have a phone that won’t charge, especially if you rely on your phone for work or communication. Don’t worry, though; you can often quickly solve the problem with a few simple steps.
In this post, we’ll walk you through troubleshooting and diagnosing the Moto G6 won’t charge issue, as well as explore the potential causes and solutions for the problem. After reading this post, you’ll have the knowledge and tools you need to safely and effectively fix the issue. Let’s get started!
What Does It Mean When My Moto G6 Won’t Charge?
When your Moto G6 won’t charge, it means that the battery isn’t receiving power to charge and has no way to store energy. This could be caused by a variety of factors, including a faulty charger, damaged charging port, battery degradation, software errors, and more.
What Are the Symptoms of the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue?
There are several potential signs and symptoms of the Moto G6 won’t charge issue. Common symptoms include:
- Phone not turning on
- Phone shutting off immediately after turning on
- Phone not charging or taking a long time to charge
- Phone overheating while charging
- Battery misreading percentage
If any of the above symptoms sound familiar, then you may have a Moto G6 won’t charge issue.
What Are the Causes of the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue?
The Moto G6 won’t charge issue can have multiple causes. Some of the most common causes of the issue include:
- A faulty charger
- A damaged charging port
- Battery degradation
- Software errors
- Interference from third-party apps
It’s important to diagnose the issue correctly in order to find the proper solution.
How Can I Diagnose the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue?
Before you can find the proper solution for your Moto G6 won’t charge issue, you’ll need to diagnose the issue correctly. Here are some simple steps to take when diagnosing the issue:
- Check Your Charger: Start by making sure that your charger is working properly. Make sure that it is securely plugged into a wall outlet, as well as your phone. If you have multiple chargers, try using a different one as it could have been damaged or have a different voltage.
- Check The Charging Port: Take a look at your phone’s charging port and make sure it is not damaged or blocked by dirt, dust, or debris. You can use a can of compressed air to blow out the port if it appears blocked.
- Check For Battery Degradation: If your battery has degraded, then it will not be able to retain a charge. You can check your battery’s health with a third-party app such as Battery Monitor.
- Check For Software Errors: Software errors can also cause your phone to not charge. Try rebooting your phone and see if it will charge properly. If not, perform a factory reset and check if that solves the issue.
- Check Third-Party Apps: Third-party apps can interfere with your phone’s charging system and prevent it from charging properly. Try uninstalling the third-party apps you recently installed to see if that solves the issue.
What Are the Solutions for the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue?
Once you’ve correctly diagnosed the Moto G6 won’t charge issue, you can take action to fix the problem. Here are some effective solutions to try:
Replace Your Charger
If you’ve determined that your charger is the cause of the issue, then you will need to replace it. Make sure to purchase a genuine Moto G6 charger that meets the correct voltage and amp specifications.
Replace Your Charging Port
If you’re having trouble charging due to a damaged charging port, then you will need to replace it. You can buy a genuine charging port replacement from an authorized Moto repair shop or online.
Replace the Battery
If your battery is degraded or damaged, then you’ll need to replace it. You can buy a genuine battery replacement from an authorized Moto repair shop or online.
Install Official Firmware
If you’ve determined that the issue is due to software errors, then you should install the official Moto firmware. You can find the firmware for your phone on the official Moto website.
Uninstall Third-Party Apps
If you’ve determined that third-party apps are causing the issue, then you will need to uninstall them. You can do this by going to the Settings app on your phone and then selecting “Apps”. From there, you can select the apps you want to uninstall.
How Can I Prevent the Moto G6 Won’t Charge Issue in the Future?
Once you’ve fixed the Moto G6 won’t charge issue, you can take steps to prevent it from happening again. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use only genuine Moto chargers and cables
- Clean your charging port with a can of compressed air once a month
- Avoid using your phone while it’s charging
- Avoid installing third-party apps from unreliable sources
- Avoid unlocking the bootloader as this can cause software errors
When your Moto G6 won’t charge, it can be incredibly frustrating. But with the right diagnosis and solutions, you can get your phone back up and running in no time. This post has outlined common causes, symptoms, and solutions for the Moto G6 won’t charge issue. Now that you have this information, you will know exactly how to solve the problem when it arises.
If your phone is still not working after you’ve tried all the solutions mentioned here, then you should take it to an authorized Moto repair center. A professional technician will be able to diagnose the issue and offer the best solution.
We hope you found this post helpful and that it has given you the knowledge and tools you need to safely and effectively fix the Moto G6 won’t charge issue. Good luck, and happy charging!