Here we go: the roll-out of the long-awaited MIUI 12.5 by the Xiaomi developers team is officially starting. Until now, in fact, those who wanted to try the new MIUI version had to rely on Beta ROMs. But with the advent of spring will begin to arrive gradually releases of the stable version of the ROM that we will find on Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO. And as I already did with MIUI 12, I decided to create a new article where you can find the download link of all available ROMs.
You can find them both in Fastboot and Recovery format, so as to give you both options for manual installation. In both cases, you can find the installation guide at the bottom of the article. As usual, in case the released update is not final, you’ll find the wording Stable Beta. For those who do not know what they are, they are a middle ground between Beta and Stable ROMs. Once the Beta Testing phase is over, you get those ROMs that are called in jargon “Release Candidate”, or ready for roll-out. These are ROMs that are technically final and ready for the public, but may still have some bugs and so are released as Stable Beta to those who are part of the beta testing. You can still install them manually, but at your own risk.
Last update: August 6
MIUI 12.5 Stable: all available versions for the various Xiaomi, Redmi and POCOs
Inside this article you’ll find all the available versions of MIUI 12.5 available for the various models: Global, EEA and China. For now, since we’re still in the early days, you’ll find very few models but they’ll be added as we go. Those shown without download links means that they are officially planned but for which the update has not yet been released. In case your model is not listed, it means that it is not expected to receive the update for the time being. But that could change in the future, so keep following us to stay updated on that.
How to install MIUI 12.5
MIUI 12.5 China
For the time being, MIUI 12.5 is only available as a stable China ROM on some models, which means that there’s no Italian language and Google services are missing by default. This means that, if you have a Global or EEA ROM, to switch to the China branch you’ll have to unlock the bootloader. Once unlocked, you’ll have to switch to the TWRP custom recovery compatible with your model in order to install the ROM. These steps involve formatting the memory, so eventually make a backup of the data you want to keep.
At this point, download the Recovery ROM for your smartphone and copy it to its internal memory. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Turn off your smartphone and boot it in Fastboot mode
- Connect it to the PC via USB
- In the ADB folder (usually “platform tools“) hold down the Shift key, right-click on an empty spot and select “Open PowerShell window here“.
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” to verify that the smartphone is correctly detected (an alphanumeric string should appear)
- Enter the command “fastboot boot recovery twrp.img” (instead of “twrp” enter the exact name of the TWRP file you are using) and press Enter while holding down the Volume Up key to boot the smartphone in TWRP mode
- From the TWRP screen click on “Install” and select the Recovery ROM file
- Start the installation process and reboot your smartphone
MIUI 12.5 Global/EEA
If instead you had a smartphone with MIUI 12 Global/EEA and MIUI 12.5 Global/EEA was released, then you can proceed with the installation without modding steps.
- Recovery mode
- Rename the downloaded file to “update.zip” and move it to the root directory of the memory in the smartphone
- Reboot the smartphone in recovery mode
- Scroll with the volume keys and select the option “Install update.zip” by pressing the Power key
- Install it and choose “Reboot” in case it doesn’t reboot by itself
- Fastboot mode
- Download <a href=”https://cdn.alsgp0.fds.api.mi-img.com/micomm/MiFlash2020-3-14-0.rar” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”>MiFlash Tool, extract the archive and install the software
- Reboot your smartphone in Fastboot mode: to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys for a few seconds when the smartphone is turned off.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC
- Launch MiFlash Tool, click on “Select” and select the “Firmware” folder in the Fastboot ROM folder
- Click on “Clean all” at the bottom, set next to “flash_all.bat” and then “Flash” at the top right to start the installation
- OTA Update Mode
- Download the ROM and copy it to the memory of your smartphone
- Go to “Settings/System Info
- Click on the MIUI logo in the top left corner
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Select “Choose update package
- Choose the ROM in the memory and start the update
If these methods don’t work, then you will have to act as if it were a China ROM. In that case, refer to the previous chapter.
MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- Gesture response is now instant
- With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on the screen.
- With custom tweaks based on your device model, any phone becomes faster after the update.
- MIUI becomes lighter, faster and more durable.
- System animations
- A new animation framework renders motion in a more realistic way.
- The new UI design focuses on visualization and realistic interaction with the device.
- System Sounds
- Nature mix is an exciting new way to create your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds representing animals from around the world.
- Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpaper
- Super Wallpaper of Mount Siguniang.
- Privacy Protection
- Now you can see which apps access your notes and control their access.
- Using approximate location adds points to privacy protection.
- You can manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- The behavior of web pages is also monitored, which helps you block unwanted and malicious actions.
- It’s up to you to decide who and when to monitor your online behavior.
- All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- Privacy Risk Scanner.
- Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- A complete overview of all sensitive permissions.
- You’ll receive a notification whenever high-risk permissions are used and you can block the corresponding actions.
- A brand new privacy protection page.
- Compose mind maps with scomplex structures.
- New tools for doodling and drawing.
- Hold down a sketch to automatically adjust strokes.
- A gesture shortcut now lets you create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- Extracts save text, URLs, and images to Notes with a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts take typography in Notes to a new level.
- Completely new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single workstation.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open apps from your phone on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be transferred to your computer.
- Items copied to a phone can now be pasted to the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be used immediately on a computer.
- Web pages can be transferred seamlessly from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI +” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- Mobile Windows
- Instant messengers now support mobile windows.
- Mobile windows can be quickly replaced with full-screen versions of apps.
- App flashcards show key information when apps are displayed as mobile windows.
- Learn more about the new features in “Special Features”.
- Xiaomi Health
- You can now measure your heart rate using the camera.
- Start recording running, walking and cycling workouts manually and enjoy many online training lessons.
- Automatic workout recognition is now much more accurate.
- Home screen
- Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New design for app folders.
- A vertical layout for Recents.
- The aspect ratio is automatically adjusted on the external monitor during casting.
- The app audio that is broadcast in a moving window is separated from the other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- The password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- You can share the location of the device with other people in your family sharing group.
- The location information can be recorded automatically before the device turns off.
- Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier
- Now you can manage multiple SIM cards.
- A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scroll bar.
- Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- You can hold down the function buttons to access multiple functions.
- Custom themes for keyboards.
- Third-party font weight adjustment options.
- Customization features for system backgrounds, animations and sounds.
- Wallpaper customization in Lite mode.
- Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family
- Now you can manage multiple SIM cards.
- Revamped device control center.
- Local search results are now automatically sorted.
- All-new design.
⭐️ Follow and support GizChina on Google News: click the star to bookmark us.