Like every month, it’s time to take a look at the releases on the different SVoD platforms. In August on Disney+, we dive back into the Marvel universe in animation and listen to Paul McCartney tell us about his career.
Disney’s SVOD platform is coming to France. It is available on your mobile devices, computer, connected TV, etc. Films, series, documentaries, Marvel universe, Star Wars, it’s all here!
- Version: 1.16.0
- Downloads: 552
- Release date : 27/07/2021
- Author: Disney
- License: Free license
- Categories : Video – Entertainment
- Operating system : Android, Online service All web browsers, iOS iPhone / iPad
In August, the entries in the Disney+ catalog are quite minor, with the exception of the animated series What if… ? from Marvel Studios, the teen movie School of Magic, and season 2 of Disney Shorts. On the other hand, Star is filling up with countless new releases, including the documentary series about Paul McCartney and the film A Corpse in the Closet starring Steve Martin.
<!–[if IE 9]><!–[if IE 9]>
© The Walt Disney Company
Event of the month: What if…? on August 11
The first Disney+ Original animated series from Marvel Studios, What if…? is sure to excite fans of the Marvel Universe, and for good reason, as the program sets out to “change the script” by reinventing key events in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) in unexpected ways. Most of the superheroes from the films are present and the actors who usually play them have answered to lend them their voices. The promise of living and reTo experience anthology action scenes with different and surprising endings is obviously exhilarating.
We’re curious: McCartney 3, 2, 1, August 25
An original six-part documentary series broadcast on Star, McCartney 3, 2, 1 invites us to delve into Paul McCartney’s immense career with him, through an interview conducted by legendary producer Rick Rubin. All the periods of his work are discussed, from the Beatles to Wings, not forgetting his 50+ years as a solo artist. An intimate meeting that promises to be rich in details and anecdotes.
We’ll be happy to (re)see: Wall Street, August 13
“Every dream has a price,” reads the poster for Oliver Stone’s financial epic Wall Street, in which a young, long-toothed wolf, Bud Fox (played by Charlie Sheen), is caught up in the pursuit of success and money, and sells his soul and falls into corruption. A classic in which Michael Douglas excels (Oscar for Best Actor in 1988) in the mythical role of Gordon Gekko, legendary Wall Street investor.
And apart from that?
- Target Film – August 6
- The Rider Film – August 6
- Rebel Series – August 11
- X-Files Seasons 10 and 11 – August 11
- Mr Inbetween Series – August 11
- Scary Movie 4 Film – August 13
- The Johnson Family Vacation Movie – August 20
- Jacqueline Sauvage : c’était lui ou moi Documentary – August 20
- Good Trouble Season 3 – August 25
- Bob’s Burger Season 11 – August 25
- Our Worst Friends Film – August 27
- Women of the 6th Floor Film – August 27
- Möbius Film – August 27
- A Corpse in the Closet Film – August 31
- Disney Shorts Season 2 – August 4
- Marvel Studios Legends Documentary – August 4
- The New War of the Buttons Film – August 6
- Malabar Princess Film – August 13
- Diary of a Future President Season 2 – August 16
- School of Magic Movie – August 20
- Disney Making-of Season 2 – August 25
- Like Me Season 3 – August 25