AVM PLC devices offer a wide range of features, and depending on the model we choose, we will enjoy a certain level of performance. This division into ranges allows the German manufacturer to cover the needs of a wide range of users and it is undoubtedly a good choice.
We recently saw a simple comparison in which we put, face to face, the FRITZ!Powerline 1260E and FRITZ!Powerline 510E, two AVM PLCs that occupy very different positions, and are therefore recommended for different user profiles. The first is a high-performance model that also offers Wi-Fi repeater functions, while the second is a low-cost PLC.
The conclusion we came to was very simple: a user who only wants to connect via cable and who has a limited budget, as well as an Internet connection that does not exceed 100 Mbps, should opt for the FRITZ!Powerline 510E. However, a user who has a faster connection and who also wants to enjoy Wi-Fi repeater functions will have to choose the FRITZ!Powerline 1260E.
So far so good, and all quite clear, but what happens if we need a high performance PLC limited to cable, that is, without Wi-Fi repeater? Well, the answer is very simple, we can opt for the FRITZ!Powerline 1220E from AVM. It is what we said at the beginning of this article, offering a great variety of products with different features is fundamental to be able to take all the users.
AVM FRITZ!Powerline 1220E at a glance: These are its keys
- High performance PLC device.
- Up to 1,200 Mbps speed via the mains.
- Integrated power socket with interference filter that allows us to keep the plug, and use it safely and without performance problems.
- Two Gigabit LAN ports.
- Easy to install and configure.
- It is compatible with any plug.
- Based on HomePlug AV2 standard, it is compatible with IEEE P1901 standard, and all 200, 500 and 600 Mbps PLC devices.
- Automatic 128-bit AES encryption from the factory.
- Quality of Service” technology, which allows us to set priorities in favor of certain devices to improve the user experience.
- Supports multicast sessions through IGMP.
- High power efficiency, consuming less than 1 watt in standby and 3 watts in operation.
- It is compatible with the entire AVM application ecosystem, and with FRITZ!OS.
The would be an excellent choice for bringing, for example, a high-performance Internet connection to a room far away, located on an upper or lower floor, where we want to connect a TV and a console, or a PC and a console.
Thanks to its high level of performance, and its integrated plug with interference filter, we will enjoy a good experience of use in any corner of our home or office, and we will not lose the plug used, something that, in certain cases, can be essential.
We can get it at a very interesting price, 107.48 euros. Do you have questions? Leave them in the comments and we will help you solve them.